Swimwear brand Luli Fama made debut of their 2018 ‘Viva Cuba’ collection during Miami Swim Week on Saturday, July 22, 2017.
Known for their iconic prints and unique feminine silhouettes, Luli Fama presented their 2018 collection at the Funkshion Tent, marking their 10th consecutive show at the seaside fashion week.
The ‘Viva Cuba’ collection showcased pieces that feature cut outs, lacing, and flirty details, as well as many ultra-sexy pieces.
New silhouettes and impeccable fit
New silhouettes were also at the forefront of the collection, along with an unprecedented attention to an impeccable fit. Several suits in the collection were reversible, in addition to new fabrications and an expanded selection of cover ups.
Luli Fama’s co-founders and designers, Luli Hanimian and Augusto Hanimian, were inspired by all things Cuba for the collection; the people, the culture, the architecture, and the beaches – all with a signature Luli Fama twist.
“Cuba is a gem in the Caribbean with so much untouched beauty and has such a happy atmosphere. It served as the perfect inspiration for the new collection. Being from Cuba myself, it has always inspired our designs. This year, we really went deeper into my roots, added Luli.
Luli Fama and ‘Viva Cuba’ Collection
The collection included a handful of vibrant capsules, including:
- Vamos pa’ Cuba (Let’s Go to Cuba): A gem in the Caribbean with so much to offer. A certain kind of ambiance that the Cuban people provide with their love of music & dance.
- Donde Crece La Palma (Where the Palm Trees Grow): The land where the palm trees grow, are words of the famous Guantanamera poem, by Jose Marti and a Cuban anthem. Beautiful untouched beaches, crystal clear waters and swaying palm trees set the mood and color story for these collections.
- Mi Tierra (My Land): The rich red soil of the land of Cuba is known for growing Tabaco, sugarcane and coffee. Tropical fruits and vegetables added colors to the landscape and provided the inspiration in tones for this capsule.
- Amanecí en el Malecón (I Woke Up at Sunrise in “el Malecón”): Hopping into an antique convertible and taking a stroll down el Malecón is a must! Gorgeous pink and coral hues dress the morning sky over the deep blues of the ocean, a color palette that was the foundation for these collections.
- Amor, Tabaco y Ron (Love, Tabaco and Rum): Falling in love with the pastel tones of La Havana Vieja is easy. The scents of Rum and Cohiba accompanied these views and it was a match made in heaven.
- Tropicana: Good vibes, bright lights and great music. Tropicana nightclub in Havana, Cuba is known for it’s exciting cabaret style shows dating back to the 1940s. Festive and bright colors inspired this capsule to give an essence of the islands fun roots.
A must-have collection!
Luli Fama is well known for its bright colors and prints. The ‘Viva Cuba’ collection also included nudes, pastels, and neutrals. “These colors are not our typical go-to’s, we’ve managed to do them with our Luli Fama touch using gold, metallic and textured fabrics, said Luli.”