Image by F. Diaz.
By Maria Hamilton.
Most of the time people ask me, “what should I wear for a fashion event?”
2. Save money: Buy a beautiful investment piece that stands out (re-wearable). But don’t go overboard on designer’s piece just for one show.
3. Sexy, and prickly shoes: Put the comfy shoes away and realize this is the time that your most beautiful shoes have a reason to exist besides being beautiful in your closet.
4. The best accessories: Statements earrings are usually the perfect accessory for a dress, especially if you are not wearing a strapless or open dress in the front. Long earrings with stones can be combined with a big ring or a big bracelet– don’t use a big bracelet with a big ring. If you are wearing a big necklace then use small earrings and a big bracelet and small ring..
5. The bag: Do not skimp out with a “pleather” replica of a popular design. Buy (or borrow/rent) the real thing and wear it with pride.
6. Basic black: You can always wear a basic black cocktail dress but a pop of color never hurt anyone. Make sure if you wear a black dress combine with accessories (jewelry, shoes and purse) that has color – and you will certainly appreciate the extra boost in confidence once you’re surrounded by the chic elite.
7. Chic, not slutty: Pull down the skirt and have some graciousness. Leave something for the imagination–you want to convey elegance, not ‘easy’.
8. Enjoy the show: Stay calm, have confidence and enjoy yourself instead of worrying so much about stray threads and whether or not your shoes are from last year’s collection.
Contacts to Maria Hamilton: email@example.com