According to a new study, New York City, Chicago, and San Francisco are the street style capitals of the United States.
Being a trend that defines expressionism and individualism, street style has been prominent in fashion for many years. However, in more recent years, many fashion designers have adopted it in their runway looks.
On top of this, the hashtag #streetstyle has more than 3.7 billion views on TikTok.
After seeing a 22% increase in searches for ‘Street Fashion Style,’ the research, conducted by online art and design gallery SINGULART, looked at the number of engagements under relevant hashtags around the U.S. to reveal the city’s hotspots for street fashion.
The Top 10 Cities
The top 10 cities revealed in the states for street style were:
- New York City, New York (646k engagements)
- Chicago, Illinois (78.1k engagements)
- San Francisco, California (25k engagements)
- Nashville, Tennessee (18.8k engagements)
- New Orleans, Louisiana (16.2k engagements)
- Portland, Oregon (14.3k engagements)
- Richmond, Virginia (10.6k engagements)
- Downey, California (8.9k engagements)
- Brooklyn, New York (7.7k engagements)
- Washington D.C. (6.3k engagements)
Street fashion into your style!
If you’re looking to implement street fashion into your style, here are the 10 top things to add to your wardrobe:
- Matching tracksuit sets
- Combat Boots
- Bold prints
- Wide leg or flared pants
- Oversized clothing
- Crewneck jumpers
- Micro bags with pops of color
More information on the study can be found here: singulart.com/landing/the-street-fashion-hotspots-of-the-us-singulart.